Saturday, March 16, 2013

Morning mixtape

Some time in the future I want to try and write down my "laws" for what makes a good music mix, but for this first entry, I thought I would just share a couple of mixes that I made for my wife. Specifically, I wanted to put together a few 1 hour mixes that she could listen to as she gets ready for work in the morning. I did this for myself in my undergrad and found it a nice way to structure my morning. Get up, press play, and use the music as a rough guide to where I should be in my getting ready. For anyone who has a pretty regular morning routine, I highly recommend this practice.

Below are the playlists for the two mixes. Themes should be pretty clear, so if these genres are ever to your taste, I encourage you to give them a try!

  1. "The Kick," Erik Lind and the Orchard
  2. "What Would You Say," Dave Matthews Band
  3. "Shiver," Coldplay
  4. "One Evening," Feist
  5. "Interstate Love Song," Stone Temple Pilots
  6. "All These Things That I've Done," The Killers
  7. "Do You Realize," The Flaming Lips
  8. "The Con," Tegan and Sara
  9. "Your Beauty Must Be Rubbing Off," Hawksley Workman
  10. "Baby Did A Bad Thing," Chris Isaak
  11. "Lonely Boy," The Black Keys
  12. "Do What You Want," OK Go
  13. "Down By The Water," The Decemberists
  14. "Someone That I Used to Know," Gotye
  15. "Home," Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
  16. "Dog Days Are Over," Florence + The Machine


  1. "This is How We Roll," Blackstreet
  2. "Gold Digger," Kanye West
  3. "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)," Beyonce
  4. "Party and Bullshit," Notorious BIG (Ratatat Remix)
  5. "The Seed (2.0)," The Roots
  6. "No Scrubs," TLC
  7. "You Make Me Wanna," Usher
  8. "Gettin' Jiggy wit It," Will Smith
  9. "Only You," 112
  10. "B.O.B.," OutKast
  11. "Daydreamin'," Lupe Fiasco
  12. "Forgot About Dre," Dr. Dre
  13. "Pretty Girl Rock," Keri Hilson
  14. "Sexyback," Justin Timberlake
  15. "Telephone," Lady Gaga
  16. "G Funk Intro," Snoop Dogg

No comments:

Post a Comment